On his Facebook account, the Lebanese Ambassador to the United States Gabriel Issa announced yesterday that next week he will decorate with the National Medal of Merit, on behalf of Lebanon and the President of the Republic Michel Aoun, the founder and president of Moderna as well as seven executives and scientists of Lebanese origin working in this company which, after having carried out several tests, confirmed yesterday that its vaccine protects against the British and South African variants of Covid-19.
The national medal of merit will be awarded to the following people:
• Noubar Afeyan – Co-founder and president
• Marcello Damiani – General Manager of Digital and Operational Excellence
• Said Francis – Vice President for Business Development and Corporate Strategy
• Charbel Haber – Vice-president of regulatory affairs
• François Nader – independent board member
• Monique Yoakim Turk – Director, Program and Alliance Management.
• Joe Sarkis – Associate Director
• Joyce Kfoury Sousa – Quality Control Manager
The Ambassador initial post quoted:
“Moderna developing a vaccine booster for the new variant of COVID-19.
On behalf of the Republic of Lebanon and President Michel Aoun, I will be decorating next week at the Embassy eight of Moderna’s executives and scientists of Lebanese descent with the National Medal of Merit:
• Noubar Afeyan — Co-founder and Chairman
• Marcello Damiani — Chief Officer of Digital & Operational Excellence
• Said Francis — Senior VP for Business Development & Corporate Strategy
• Charbel Haber — Senior VP for Regulatory Affairs
• François Nader — Independent Board Member
• Monique Yoakin Turk — Director, Program and Alliance Management.
• Joe Sarkis — Associate Director
• Joyce Kfoury Sousa — Quality Control Manager”
For the French text click here